Tuesday, December 9, 2008

kate spade, kate smade



this would have been horribly perfect to have bought before coming to london. everyone in my school and halls are basically each from a different country so people seem to learn where you are from before they learn your name (I guess the accent probably helps). So most people just refer to you as 'the swede' or 'the indian' or 'the american', in my case. But usually they remembered new york, so it's been 'oh yah, you're the girl from new york.' if only I had that scarf I could reply 'pshhhttt that's Miss New York to you, bitch!' nothing like reinforcing self-centered new yorker stereotypes! I think it could only be worn with a sense of humor, and never while actually in ny.

it could be kind of nice too, like you are missing new york, with a scarf to remind you of there

p.s. miss kate spade, how much is that scarf, it's not on the website

link

2 comments:

Becky said...

its $125, too bad we don't ship outside of the us

you should have seen the HI-5 mittens and daschund scarf

Becky said...

http://hiandlow.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/12/a-beauty.html